[GRASSLIST:8542] Re: compiling GRASS on mac os x

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Oct 7 12:50:24 EDT 2005

I'm sorry, -fno-common and -flat_namespace is the way it is now.
What I meant to say is:

remove -fno-common from SHLIB_CFLAGS (so it's an empty string) and in
SHLIB_LD change '-flat_namespace' to '-single_module'.

On Oct 7, 2005, at 11:41 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> I've been a bit bogged down to do anything with the build
> instructions or my own binaries.  Here's what you do:
>
> Edit configure.  Find the section that starts with 'Rhapsody-*|
> Darwin-*)' - there are two, the second is an empty case, you want
> the first.  Add -fno-common to SHLIB_CFLAGS, like:
>
>     SHLIB_CFLAGS="-fno-common"
>
> make sure to leave the leading space as it is in configure.
>
> And in the SHLIB_LD string, change '-single_module' to '-
> flat_namespace'.  That has worked for me so far with 6.0.1 and
> 6.1CVS.  I still need to try different combinations, but this works
> so far.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that
the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy
between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe