[GRASSLIST:8550] PostGIS and libs

Konstantinos Theofilis theofilis at macland.gr
Sat Oct 8 12:19:21 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I am using Lorenzo's binaries on MacOS X 10.4.2

Up until now I was nos not using Postgresql and PostGIS.

I compiled PostgreSQL from source and put it in /usr/local

Now I am trying to build postgis.

Despite me fiddling with the config and makefiles in PostGIS source
in order to change the DIRs for GEOS and PROJ, I couldn't make it to
compile.

So I am thinking of installing separate versions of GEOS and PROJ in /
usr/local/ in order for PostGIS to find them.

My question is: Is Postgresql/PostGIS going to work ok with GRASS ,
despite being linked to different libs of GEOS and PROJ?

Thanks

Kostas