[GRASSLIST:8557] Re: d.m - commands output pollute the Grass terminal

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Sun Oct 9 18:19:11 EDT 2005

Hi all, I am not sure if this is a welcome suggestion, but perhaps we
could copy/send all of those terminal messages to a screen that sits
embedded within the display manager itself and leave the other terminal
blank.  Perhaps a small scrollable window that can be resized at the
bottom?  That way all d.m stuff sits in one place (commands plus
command lines).  I am not sure that I want another window that has to
pop up.  It is too easy to have 6 or 7 GRASS terminals/monitors going
already.

Cheers,
Ian

On Oct 7, 2005, at 2:21 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> This is a good idea but I don't know how to redirect this output to a
> separate terminal. Anyone have a suggestion?
>
> Michael
> ______________________________
> School of Human Evolution and Social Change
> Arizona State University
> Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
> USA
>
> voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671
>

>> From: Maciek Sieczka <werchowyna at epf.pl>
>> Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 23:03:56 +0200
>> To: Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>, <grasslist at baylor.edu>
>> Subject: Re: [GRASSLIST:8480] Re: d.m - commands output pollute the
>> Grass
>> terminal
>>
>> From: "Michael Barton" <michael.barton at asu.edu>
>>
>>> When I moved all display commands to buttons/panels in the GIS
>>> manager,
>>> this
>>> option was lost. So I had these particular commands output to the
>>> terminal
>>> so that people could copy them and use them elsewhere.
>>
>> I understand, that's good. But could there be a permanent, *separate*
>> terminal for output from d.m commands? It could be the small, neat
>> one - the
>> same which pops up when we query raster layers from d.m.
>>
>> Currently my Grass terminal looks like a Matrix screesaver when I
>> redraw 20
>> layers in d.m. Main terminal should be for CLI, GUI should have a
>> separate
>> text output, I guess.
>>
>> Maciek
>>
>> P.S.
>> Looking forward to checking Hamish's Grass-green flavor soon.

>> W polskim Internecie s? setki milionów stron. My przekazujemy Tobie
>> tylko
>> najlepsze z nich!
>> http://katalog.epf.pl/

What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we
can assume it will be pretty bad.
  - Dave Barry