[GRASSLIST:8591] Re: i.points :coordinating system?

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Wed Oct 12 07:33:41 EDT 2005

Josip, I think that you are supposed to enter coordinates as whatever
your target location is.  So if you are projecting into a latlong, use
degrees.  Be careful with dd:mm:ss.sss vs. dd.ddddd.  I think you might
need to append the directional modifier as well (N,E,S,W) for the
dd:mm:ss case.  For example 30:28:55.45N.

Hope this helps,
Ian

On Oct 12, 2005, at 4:16 AM, Josip Vrlić wrote:

> Hello!
> I want to ask something about module i.points
> First I mark one point on map, and then I have to insert real
> coordinate for that point.
> I want to ask can coordinate be in Latitude-Longitude or is MUST be in
> UTM???
>
> Coordinate system on target LOCATION is set to Latitude-Longitude
> system.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Josip Vrlic

This message has been scanned by Postini anti-virus software.