[GRASSLIST:8592] r.fragstats error: Can not allocate space for edgetype!

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Oct 12 11:04:07 EDT 2005

Hello,

I used r.fragstats a few weeks ago without any problems but now I receive the
error prompt: ERROR! Can not allocate space for edgetype! (see below the full
message)

For testing purpose,  I used various raster as input and considered as well
the null() values problem but with all raster files the same error message
appears.

Might it be due to a newer GRASS cvs Version because I updated in the
meanwhile my GRASS cvs and recompiled it? Perhaps somebody encountered the
same problem and can give me a hint how to solve this problem.

thanks in advance, Martin

Using debian sarge, GRASS cvs 11.10.05 and r.fragstats from Jachyms GRASS
add-on page (http://www.fle.czu.cz/~jachym/programs/grass.html)

g.gisenv set="DEBUG=5"
r.fragstats input=test_ML output=test_out background=3 bound_wght=0.0 -i

                            FRAGSTATS 2.0
         PROGRAM TO CALCULATE LANDSCAPE FRAGMENTATION INDICES

Processing image: test_ML
 rows: 0
Interior Background Value: 3
Exterior Background Value: -3
maxclasses: 0 rows:

number of classes: 0
max patches/class: 0
max patch size: 0

ERROR! Can not allocate space for edgetype!GRASS 6.1.cvs

r.info test_ML