[GRASSLIST:8619] Re: Interpolating and mapping the output of ecosystem models with GRASS

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Fri Oct 14 02:59:03 EDT 2005

Hi Luigi,
I'm currently working on something similar (hydrological model grass
embedded) and I think the easiest way is to write some shell script
doing what you need.
I think You should:
- read the file and generate a point feature (cat filename | v.in.ascii
.....) maybe by using also awk for formatting your file...
- interpolate your points with one of the already existing modules
(v.surf.rast, v.idw) and generate your raster
- then using map algebra (r.mapcalc) for set null the values of cell
above your max height (r.mapcalc
'final_map=if(dem>1500,interp_map,null())' )
I think it will be pretty easy to implement if you know some basis of
shell programming....
Hope this could be useful.
Maxi

--

Eng. Massimiliano Cannata
Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana