[GRASSLIST:8631] Re: Interpolating and mapping the output of ecosystem models with GRASS

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:25:57 EDT 2005

I think this type of thing is very straight forward in GRASS. It is
one of the reasons I have started using GRASS instead of ArcGIS. It is
very easy to write a shell script (or Python or Perl, etc) to perform
a run of your model, convert the model output to GRASS format,
post-process the output and build visualizations. I do this for wave
and sediment transport models and there are many other disciplines
represented by people on this mailing list.

The interpolation and "masking" of irrelevant data is a key strength
of GIS in general and something that is trivial in GRASS. (usually
only a few GRASS commands depending on how sophisticated your good/bad
data criteria is).

David

--
David Finlayson
Marine Geology & Geophysics

Office: Marine Sciences Building, Room 112
Phone: (206) 616-9407
Web: http://students.washington.edu/dfinlays