[GRASSLIST:8711] postgres update - renewned user connection

Francesco Mirabella mirabell at unipg.it
Thu Oct 20 06:52:09 EDT 2005

Hi to all,
I have recently updated my postresql version. After running d.what.vect
on a grass vector map connected to postgresql, I had a problem with the connection, i.e. the authentication of the user was no longer recognised.

After looking up in the web I found a solution in the mailing list which
said to edit the /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf and change "ident" to
"trust" in the localhost (IPv4 and IPv6).

I did what was suggestes and the connection was restored but the form displaying data of d.what.vect is slower than before when displaying data.

Can anyone tell me if I did something wrong and/or if there another
better way to solve the problem???

many thanks to all

cheers,
Francesco