[GRASSLIST:8734] Problems witih video driver ..

David Van Vliet (personal) dvanvliet at gto.net
Sat Oct 22 12:24:31 EDT 2005

Hello Everybody.

I hope that somebody can help me.

I purchased a computer (AMD X64) from emachines with an integrated ATI
graphics card (ATI Radeon X200 IGP).  Unfortunately there is no linux driver
provided for this card, and any of the existing/available drivers do not
work.  I have fedora 4 installed and it works with the generic VESA driver.

What kind of advice can you give?  I bought the machine to install GRASS.
Should I just go get myself a good graphics card and be done with it?  If
so, what do you y'all recommend?

thanks,
dave