[GRASSLIST:8737] Re: Asking for information on environmental noise modeling

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 00:32:38 EDT 2005

> I've read article Environmental noise modeling within an open source
> GIS  by l.Biagi, M.A.Brovelli and M.Scuratti. This open source GIS
> means  Grass. In this article writers descibe a model for noise
> propagation  analysis. Two Grass commands are also mentioned,
> v.noise.buffer and r.noise. Writers also mention some goals of their
> future development with this model.
>
> This article can be found from
> http://geomatica.como.polimi.it/workbooks/n2/list.php and it is
> related into this project
> http://www.comune.modena.it/isola/inglese/index.html
> The workbook where this article belongs dates back to autumn 2001.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1) Does somebody have source code for these modules ? If yes, could
> You  send them to me ?
>
> 2) Does somebody know did there happen any progress after this paper
> was  written ? and if yes, where I could find information.
>
> 3) Does anybody know good sources, both software ;-) and information,
> into this topic ?
>
> 4) Is there any other interested persons into noise modelling ?
>
> Any relevant information relating into noise analysis and GRASS would
> be  useful. Thanks in advance.

try digging into the mailing list archives; authors' names are good
search terms:
  http://grass.ibiblio.org/searchgrass.php

quickly:
 http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2001-February/010180.html
[dead links, but there's the wayback machine:
 http://web.archive.org/web/20020829094128/http://www.ing.unitn.it/~zatelli/grass_days_2001/en/en/brovelli1_en.html
]
  http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2002-December/007873.html
  http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2002-December/007967.html