[GRASSLIST:8738] Re: GRASS 15th October CVS Bugs

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 02:21:03 EDT 2005

Hi,
the TclTk bug is not found in the earlier GRASS6.1 CVS (older than 15th Oct).
Iam just using Elevation.dem of Spearfish data for a display.

d.rast doesnt work.. gives error

even in the D.M it gives the same error, when I try to displa raster.

I have used the latest D.M with the older GRASS6.1 (older than 15th Oct)
It works, BUT.. NVIZ is not understood..
Please give some help about various new itmems.

The button created for attribute information, is welcome.
This will be of great use, if it can help in choosing attributes in query, istead of the user typing
the attribute names.

ThanX
Ravi Kumar

Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:
I have only tested the new GIS Manager (i.e., from cvs or my website) with GRASS 6.1. However, it should work with 6.0.1 except for new commands or command options that are not available in the older release.

The commands in the raster display panel include d.rast, d.legend, and d.his. All are present in 6.0.1 and haven’t changed since that release.

Are you doing a simple raster display (no draping or legend)? Does it work if you start d.rast from the command line and try to display the map? If you look at the TclTk error, it usually does give useful information, just a bit hard to find in the long error output (the most useful info is usually near the top of the error description).

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402

phone: 480-965-6213