[GRASSLIST:8809] Re: install grass 6.0.1 under ubuntu 5.4

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:16:31 EDT 2005

On 10/27/05, Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> GRASS already has a debian/ directory will all the info and scripts
> needed. It is a simple single command to build a .deb package of the
> latest CVS. I have no idea what that single command is of course
> (dpkg-buildpackage from the main grass source dir?), but I am assured it
> is very easy. You'd have to ask on the DebianGIS mailing list.

I never noticed that directory before (tunnel vision?) that would
simplify the simlinks problem and dependencies I mentioned above. I
wonder why compiling the deb package isn't listed in  INSTALL
anywhere?

> On Debian I just compile GRASS in /usr/src/ and then make a symlink from
> /usr/src/grass/grass61/bin.$DIST/grass61 into ~/bin/ and run it that
> way.

That is what I've been doing myself.

--
David Finlayson
Marine Geology & Geophysics

Office: Marine Sciences Building, Room 112
Phone: (206) 616-9407
Web: http://students.washington.edu/dfinlays