[GRASSLIST:8158] db.login : ERROR: Cannot set user/password (cygwin)

Morten Sickel Morten.Sickel at nrpa.no
Fri Sep 2 05:31:23 EDT 2005

Our new shiny windows logins are set with capitalized names, eg, my
login could be MSickel, which is also reflected in various environment
variables under cygwin. When I am trying to connect to my postgres
server (on a hpux workstation) my username is only lowercase letters, so
of cource the default name from grass is not recogniced, but if I try to
set another login name, using db.login, I only get the error message
cited in the header:

GRASS 6.0.0 (Arktis):~ > db.login user=pg
ERROR: Cannot set user/password

(the user pg is defined)

I am stuck with a quite old version of postgres due to some problems
with the workstation, but using psql, I have no problems connecting to
the server from the same client.

Any clues?

(Yes, I know I can define the user MSickel in pg, but I would prefer not
to do that)

--
Morten Sickel
Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority