[GRASSLIST:8171] Re: db.login : ERROR: Cannot set user/password (cygwin)

Morten Sickel Morten.Sickel at nrpa.no
Mon Sep 5 05:10:08 EDT 2005

>> try to set another login name, using db.login, I only get the error
>> message cited in the header:
>>
>> GRASS 6.0.0 (Arktis):~ > db.login user=pg
>> ERROR: Cannot set user/password

(snip)
(Radim:)
>Maybe GRASS cannot write login to file
>
>sprintf ( file, "%s/.grasslogin6", G_home() );
>
>fd = fopen (file, "w");

Thanks, Radim

That dit it. I tried to integrate cygwin as much as possible with
windows, so I set my cygwin home dir to the one
under c:/Documents and settings... obiously parts of grass doesn't like
to write to a file with a space in its (or parent dirs) name.
Moving home to /home/<username> and it worked great.

Morten