[GRASSLIST:8202] Making a raster coordinate a value

Joel Peter William Pitt joel.pitt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 00:36:25 EDT 2005

Hi all,

What is the simplest way to get get a singular cell in a raster map to be
set to a value,
irregardless of the current regions resolution?

More specifically I want to set closest cell to the origin (0,0) to have
value 1. But only 1 cell must be present, and it must work for any
resolution - although I'm currently concerned with working at res=1.

I've been playing with mapcalc but the way it calculates x() and y() seems
odd and round() rounds them to either 1 or -1, skipping 0. int() truncates
leaving two rows/columns with a value 0.

I'm aware this is a bizarre use of GIS, I'm developing a modelling framework
and I'm currently looking at behaviour from the origin in order to analyse
it's general behaviour before applying it to a real landscape.

Thanks for any help,

Joel