[GRASSLIST:8217] Re: MrSID and incorporating the .sdw info into resulting GeoTiff.

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Sep 8 13:19:18 EDT 2005

You don't need the 'cp FILE.sdw FILE.tfw' step - that's what the -wf
mrsid option does.

Also, what about using the v5 mrsid DSDK release?  Maybe the geotif
bug is fixed there.

On Sep 8, 2005, at 11:57 AM, Craig Aumann wrote:

> Thanks for everyone's responses here! It turns out that:
>
> mrsiddecode -wf -input FILE.sid -output FILE.tif
>
> cp FILE.sdw FILE.tfw
>
> gdal_translate -of GTIFF -a_srs '+init=epsg:26712' FILE.tif
> FILE.NAD27.tif
>
> does the right thing, but simply changing the first line to:
>
> mrsiddecode -of tifg -input FILE.sid -output FILE.tif
>
> causes the translation to fail (i.e., not read the .tfw file).
> I have no idea why this is the case.  In the first case, given that
> mrsiddecode generates a tfw file, is the resulting FILE.tif now
> storing
> a link to this file that it lacks in the second case (using -of tifg)?
>
> I'm running:
>
> mrsiddecode -v
> mrsiddecode: mrsid decoder tool
> Version 4.0.10.720.Bob_713_br
> Built Oct 12 2004 16:28:22 (linux, gcc3, release)
>
> Gdal_translate:
> GDAL 1.2.1.0, released 2004/06/23
>
> Thanks again for you help!
> Craig

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin