[GRASSLIST:8212] Re: MrSID and incorporating the .sdw info into resulting GeoTiff.

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Sep 8 11:46:48 EDT 2005

Even easier - use the -wf option in mrsiddecode:

mrsiddecode -i FILE.sid -o FILE.tif -wf -of tifg

And if the mrsiddecode geotif output is broken like this, why use
geotif at all at this step?  Just drop the '-of tifg' option and let
gdal_translate create the geotif.

On Sep 8, 2005, at 10:15 AM, Tom Russo wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 05:46:00PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-
> computron collision of the <caumann at ualberta.ca> flavor, containing:
>
>> I have a bunch of .sid files that I am converting to GeoTiffs.   How
>> does one incorporate the spatial location information in their
>> associated .sdw file into the associate .tiff file?
>>

> Rename (or copy) the .sdw file to have the same name as the .tif
> you created,
> but with a .tfw suffix.  gdal_translate will know that it's the
> world file
> associated with your tif and use it.
>
> I.e.
> mrsiddecode -i FILE.sid -o FILE.tif -of tifg
> cp FILE.sdw FILE.tfw
> gdal_translate -of GTIFF -a_srs '+init=epsg:26712' \
>         FILE.tif FILE.NAD27.tif

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.