[GRASSLIST:8228] Nviz problem

Stefania Merlo sm399 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 9 14:40:08 EDT 2005

I think I might be experimenting problems similar to Benjamin Ducke (July
2005) with the visualisation of volumes in Nviz. I cannot visualise
volumes!!! I tried with my own data and then with the Slovakia rainfall, as
suggested, but nothing appears on the screen and this is the message I get
on the Xterm. I am in fact using Grass 6.0 on macosX as wonderfully
compiled by Lorenzo Moretti.

Can anyone help? My thesis is all about the use of GRASS GIS for the
analysis and visualisation of archaeological data and it would be a real
pity to be able to model but not display things.

translating colors from fp
recalculating normals...
nviz(18742,0xa000ef98) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x2fb8aa8; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle
of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see
tools to help debug
nviz(18742,0xa000ef98) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x2fbdb48; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle
of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see
tools to help debug
nviz(18742,0xa000ef98) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x30778c8; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle
of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see
tools to help debug
nviz(18742,0xa000ef98) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x322aa88; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle
of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see
tools to help debug
% BROWSER: .fbrowse TYPE: vol MODE: 1
nviz(18742,0xa000ef98) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x3378ac8; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle
of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see
tools to help debug
nviz(18742,0xa000ef98) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x3044cc8; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle
of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see
tools to help debug
nviz(18742,0xa000ef98) malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced:
0x303cc88; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle
of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see
tools to help debug

Stefania Merlo
Department of Archaeology
University of Cambridge