[GRASSLIST:8244] Installation errors

Giacomo Bertoldi giacomo.bertoldi at ing.unitn.it
Mon Sep 12 17:31:27 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've just installed on a DELL sever with Fedora the GRASS binaries for
Fedora Core 3, but GRASS is not working properly:

When it starts d.m I receive the following error:

  > d.m&

  > Error in startup script: ps.map: error while loading shared
libraries: libgdal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory
     while executing
"exec ps.map -p"
     (procedure "DmPrint::init" line 14)
     invoked from within
"DmPrint::init"
     (procedure "main" line 32)
     invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
     (file
"/usr/local/grass6.0.0-i686-pc-linux-gnu-14_03_2005/etc/dm/d.m.tcl"
line 894)

[1]+  Exit 1                  d.m

Similar error with nviz

  > nviz
nviz: error while loading shared libraries: libgdal.so.1: cannot open

Any solution?

Thanks, Giacomo

   Giacomo Bertoldi
   Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering
   Duke University