[GRASSLIST:8245] Re: Installation errors

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 18:27:49 EDT 2005

This might just be a problem with libraries names. search for libgdal.so and
make a link to it named libgdal.so.1 in the same directory.

hope this helps

regards

Carlos

On 9/12/05, Giacomo Bertoldi <giacomo.bertoldi at ing.unitn.it> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've just installed on a DELL sever with Fedora the GRASS binaries for
> Fedora Core 3, but GRASS is not working properly:
>
> When it starts d.m I receive the following error:
>
> > d.m&
>
> > Error in startup script: ps.map: error while loading shared
> libraries: libgdal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
> while executing
> "exec ps.map -p"
> (procedure "DmPrint::init" line 14)
> invoked from within
> "DmPrint::init"
> (procedure "main" line 32)
> invoked from within
> "main $argc $argv"
> (file
> "/usr/local/grass6.0.0-i686-pc-linux-gnu-14_03_2005/etc/dm/d.m.tcl"
> line 894)
>
> [1]+ Exit 1 d.m
>
> Similar error with nviz
>
> > nviz
> nviz: error while loading shared libraries: libgdal.so.1: cannot open
>

> Any solution?
>
> Thanks, Giacomo

> Giacomo Bertoldi
> Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering
> Duke University

Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
Geologist M.Sc - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721 - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com