[GRASSLIST:8269] Re: Init.sh problem GRASS5.3

Nagesh Bhatkar bnagesh at nio.org
Wed Sep 14 05:19:33 EDT 2005

Paul Kelly wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Nagesh Bhatkar wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>> I modified the source of i.rectify command in GRASS 5.3 (modification
>> done - commented the round off stmts)
>> After i compiled it using gmake53 and gmakelinks53 and then re-enter
>> grass location it works fine on my PC.
>>
>> But when i tried it on other PC , and entered grass by typing
>> grass53, it
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^
> What steps did you follow exactly?
>
> Sounds like you have somehow overwritten the file
> $GISBASE/etc/front.end with your re-compiled i.rectify. Note that all
> the files in $GISBASE/bin are links to this. The actual programs are
> in $GISBASE/etc/bin/cmd or $GISBASE/etc/bin/inter. Some commands like
> i.rectify have both a command-line and interactive version so there is
> a version in both directories.
>
> Paul

Hello Paul,

Steps followed were:

First i installed GRASS5.3 successfully on the other system. I say
successfully because
all the commands as well as my add-on modules (d.rast.edit_hydra) works
fine after installation.

Then i went to the source code of i.rectify command found in
~/grass-5.3.0/src/imagery/i.rectify2
I deleted all the object file directories (OBJ.i686-pc-linux-gnu) from
i.rectify2 directory and
from the cmd and inter directory.

(cmd and inter directories are in the i.rectify2 directory)

Then i went to the inter directory and modified the ask_wind.c program
file. (modification
done: commented round off stmts)

Then i went back to the imagery directory ~/grass-5.3.0/src/imagery and ran
gmake53 i.rectify2
gmakelinks53 i.rectify2

Then i copied the executable formed
~/grass-5.3.0/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/etc/bin/inter/i.rectify
to my grass bin ~/grass53/bin

After which i ran grass by typing grass53

The first screen giving location and mapset was displayed allright.
After pressing <ESC> <ENTER> to enter grass , i got this instead

Enter the group containing files to be rectified
Enter 'list' for a list of existing imagery groups
Enter 'list -f' for a verbose listing
Hit RETURN to cancel request

Regards

--