[GRASSLIST:8268] Re: Init.sh problem GRASS5.3

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 04:46:55 EDT 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Nagesh Bhatkar wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I modified the source of i.rectify command in GRASS 5.3  (modification done -
> commented the round off stmts)
> After i compiled it using gmake53 and gmakelinks53 and then re-enter grass
> location it works fine on my PC.
>
> But when i tried it on other PC ,  and entered grass by typing grass53, it
What steps did you follow exactly?

Sounds like you have somehow overwritten the file $GISBASE/etc/front.end
with your re-compiled i.rectify. Note that all the files in $GISBASE/bin
are links to this. The actual programs are in $GISBASE/etc/bin/cmd or
$GISBASE/etc/bin/inter. Some commands like i.rectify have both a
command-line and interactive version so there is a version in both
directories.

Paul