[GRASSLIST:8281] Re: Making road maps

Mike Dvorak mike at mikemath.net
Wed Sep 14 15:01:09 EDT 2005

To answer my own question partially:

> 1. Is there any way to make vector lines wider when displaying them?  I
> would like to make different size vector lines for different types of
> roads.

Use ps.map to make pretty maps.  However, after a lot of errors and
searching, the "vector" command is no longer applicable in GRASS
6.1-cvs.  You need to use the "vlines", "vpoints", and "vareas".

> 2. Is it possible to rotate the names/labels for my north/south streets
> 90 degrees from the east/west streets?

Still not sure about this one...

Thanks,
-Mike
--

Mike Dvorak

"If anyone walking along the sidewalk were to make
deafening noises, spew poisonous gas into innocent
faces, and threaten people with a deadly weapon,
they would be arrested.  Yet a few feet away, on
the public roadway, it is considered normal
behavior." --Steve Stollman