[GRASSLIST:8289] Re: changing projection

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Thu Sep 15 03:17:21 EDT 2005

Hello Kobus,

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:50:31 +0200 (SAST) s99171059 at tuks.co.za wrote:

> I created a new location, and chose tmerc as my projection.  Then I
> simply imported the ERDAS .img, with the 'Override projection (use
> location's projection)' flag set.  Will my ERDAS file now be
> converted to the correct projection, or will the data of the image
> not correlate with the projection info?

The latter is the case. Some needed steps in short:

* import your .img with r.in.gdal in=my.img loc=newlocation
* create a new location with your target-projection definition
* enter your newly created target location
* use r.proj to transform from your UTM-loc into your newly created
tmerc-location.

Hope that helps

Best regards

	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508