[GRASSLIST:8313] Starting GRASS under cygwin

jmvseggern at t-online.de jmvseggern at t-online.de
Fri Sep 16 06:49:00 EDT 2005

As a newbe I find lots of difficulities in handling GRASS under cygwin. (unfortunately I have no Linux at hand) Can somebody help me with this:
I start GRASS using grass61.bat in windows XP. In the beginning, the Data Selection screen came up to chose location and mapset. After that the display manager would start automatically. Now (without I am aware of any change I did) a bash window comes up after clicking on the grass61.bat icon; I have to type in location and mapset, press ESC and Enter, than enter d.m & to start the display manager.
Any clue what I have to change to get back to the original behaviour of grass61.bat?
best regards,
Manfred von Seggern