[GRASSLIST:8320] Building polylines

Steven Gordon sg at cartagram.com
Sat Sep 17 07:15:59 EDT 2005

When you build polylines from road data, is there a way to read the
attributes from the resulting vector map?

I'm successfully joined road segments by editing the road data .dbf
file in Excel, moving the road name column of data to the end of the
spreadsheet. (I believe this allowed the Build Polylines from line
segments command to use the road name data in joining line segments
into polylines.)

Now that the polylines are built, I'd like to export them as a
Shapefile with the names attribute intact.

Could someone help me with the process of exporting them with their
attributes?

Thanks!