[GRASSLIST:8360] Import of ESRI shp files

jmvseggern at t-online.de jmvseggern at t-online.de
Tue Sep 20 11:13:00 EDT 2005

I am trying to import shp files from the ESRI site (worldmap) into GRASS 6.0 (Windows XP) using v.in.ogr
Executing that command I get the Error Message: "duplicate table AREA, cannot create table"
The location has been prepared anyway but when trying to display the data I get the Error Message: "coor files of vector ... is larger than it should be (14 bytes excess)"
Any clou on how to import the data correctly (importing the Germany data from GDF-Hannover works fine)?

Manfred von Seggern