[GRASSLIST:8378] v.to.rast3

Stefania Merlo sm399 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 22 10:07:14 EDT 2005

Dear all and dear Radim (who incorporated the command in the cvs version),

you wrote about the above command the following:

Note that raster mask is ignored and if multiple points fall into the same
cell the last values used and if one point has more cats, the first is used.

About the cats, does it mean that it will use the first cat no matter if I
give it the name of the column where the value to be used is?

I tried to experiment with the command but it seems not to do what I need.
>From what I understand of the process, it is not processing the data fully.
Is it beacause i have 20000 entries?
Let me explain the data a bit better. It is an ascci files with x,y,z
coordinates of grid conjunction points used for excavation and then three
columns with different weight values of different material. What I want to
display is the voxel with the correspondent weight value.  Am I doing
something wrong? Do not tell me I have to interpolate because this is not
what I want to do, as every voxel represents for me the dug unit and its
content.

Stefania Merlo
Department of Archaeology
University of Cambridge