[GRASSLIST:8384] oft: image and report in postgres

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Thu Sep 22 14:55:19 EDT 2005

Dear Users,
I have worked on a grass-postgres system and finally I have obtained my
geographical database...
now each area feature in the map is connected to a record in a table
that contains a lot of fields....
Now I would like to insert a new field (an OID field for example) to
store the photographic aerial snapshot of each area in the map (I will
write a script to collect this image for each feature)
I know that I can import the images into the OID field using the
lo_import command but the problem is:

how can I generate a report of the obtained table which contain the
tabular data of each area feature and also the aerial image???
I would like to obtain a report constituted by a number of pages equal
to the number of area features, and I would like to have in each page
the ID of the area feature, the aream the perimeter, but overall the
aerial image!!!!

I have tried to use OpenOffice (that I have connected to postgreSQL) and
PGaccess to create reports containing the image field but I have hadn't
success!!!

can you suggest me a different procedure??? or a way to solve my
problem???

thank you very much

Ivan

--