[GRASSLIST:8392] Grass6 - Errors with v.in.ogr

jerome jerome.caba at vanoise.com
Fri Sep 23 03:34:30 EDT 2005

Hello at all,

I use Grass6.1.cvs and I want to import a Mapinfo table with v.in.ogr.
When I try this command, the cover is correctly imported but when I want
to use it, with v.to.rast or, only, with v.info, Grass informs me of an
error "Cannot open old vector IFN25 at caba on level 2". If I try to
display my coverage in a monitor, the display is correct but grass say
to me : "warning : coor files of vector IFN25 at caba is larger than it
should be Cannot display areas, topology is not avalaible". I tested
with v.clean, v.build, import with shapefile format... same problem(s).
I'm working with Grass6.1.cvs on Cygwin but I also try, in vain, with
Grass6.01 (last release) on Linux (suse9.2).

if somebody had an idea about this problem...

Many thanks

Jérôme Caba
GIS Manager
National Park of Vanoise