[GRASSLIST:8396] d.m - commands output pollute the Grass terminal

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Fri Sep 23 10:47:17 EDT 2005

Michael,

Thanks for the enhanced d.m, looks better and is more functional. I really appreciate your work!

Question - is it intended that all the commands text output is printed in the Grass terminal? Not that it is something new - it's always been like that. But now that I try to use the your new d.m more than before I find it pretty annoying, as I'm working both from d.m and terminal. Could there be a separate terminal window for all the warnings and other text output from d.m commands, to avoid polluting the main Grass terminal?

Maciek

P.S.
I think I'm not the only one not so found of the flashy green :).