[GRASSLIST:8426] Re: rapid testing of compiled GRASS modules ?

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Mon Sep 26 18:20:16 EDT 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:10:58 -0700
Dylan Beaudette <dylan at iici.no-ip.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a quick way of working on a single grass module's source code,
> without having to recompile the entire GRASS codebase ?
>
> right now I am doing things like this:
>
> in the GRASS6-cvs root folder
> 1. configure
> 2. make
> 3. adjust a single modules source code
> 4. make in the modified module's directory
> ---> results in a new object file
> 5. make from the grass root dir\
> --->makes binary files
> 6. make install
>
> ... but this takes oh so long...
>
> any tips?
>
> thanks!

AFAIK, you shouldn't have to re-configure over and over or even recompile the whole thing. I would just go to the source directory where you are working on the code and run make there, then go to the root folder and run make install.

I haven't tried it but I think it should work.

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
(Daniel J. Boorstin)