[GRASSLIST:8430] Re: rapid testing of compiled GRASS modules ?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 22:04:37 EDT 2005

> Is there a quick way of working on a single grass module's source
> code, without having to recompile the entire GRASS codebase ?

sure. From the INSTALL file that comes with the source code:

COMPILING INDIVIDUAL MODULES - OWN MODULES

Compiling self-made GRASS modules or modified modules:
Simply run "make" in the appropriate directory
and then install with "INST_NOW=y make".
It is not necessary to install the full distribution.
You may want to make an alias: alias gmake='INST_NOW=y make'

Personally I run grass directly out of the build dir and never install
it, so I just run "make" from the module's dir and that's enough.

Hamish