[GRASSLIST:8439] ps.map: scalebar in meters in latlon location

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:32:53 EDT 2005

Hello all.

I have this raster map I get from SRTM30plus (basically, SRTM in
30arcsec resolution + ETOPO2 for oceans) for all South America, and I
want to make a ps of it to print it. My problem is that I am in a
latlon location, so I can't get a scalebar in meters (or can I?).
Else, to fit the map in a A4 paper, ps.map sets the scale to 1:350.
How can I set that to something more commom, say 1:10.000.000 (like in
a UTM location).

thanks
              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com