[GRASSLIST:8454] Controlling pie chart orientation in d.vect.chart

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Sep 29 07:25:30 EDT 2005

Hey guys,

I've noticed that when I plot a series of sediment grainsize pie charts in
d.vect.chart, the first attribute field I specify under the columns
parameter gets painted into the first pie chart chord (which begins at
orientation 90 degrees east), and the subsequent fields are filled
counterclockwise around the pie chart. Is there a way to control the
orientation of the chart so that, say, the first field is coloured at north,
progressing clockwise?

Thanks,

~ Eric.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric Patton

Technologist, Geo-Spatial Data Services
Geological Survey of Canada (Atlantic)
Natural Resources Canada
Bedford Institute of Oceanography
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada B2Y 4A2

Postal address: P.O. Box 1006
Courier address: 1 Challenger Drive

Telephone: (902)426-7732
Facsimile:  (902)426-4104
E-mail:        <mailto:epatton at NRCan.gc.ca> epatton at NRCan.gc.ca