[GRASSLIST:569]

lponti at infinito.it lponti at infinito.it
Tue Apr 4 13:50:34 EDT 2006

Dear list,

so far, I have been masking either via MASK or r.mapcalc.
This way, only cells corresponding to MASK would display
in the masked raster.

In contrast, now I would like cells corresponding to a
"mask" NOT to display* in the main raster layer. Is there
a way to do it?

This is part of a larger issue I am addressing and that I
will briefly describe. In the attached sample image, you
see points imported via v.in.ascii and used to get the
green interpolated raster. Values at black points are
greater than zero, whereas the value of the white point is
zero (and it is not used for interpolation since it has no
biological meaning).

The end result would be to clip out a portion of the green
raster around the white point. This portion would be
delimited by midpoints between the white point and the
closest neighboring black points.

So far, I have been trying to get a vector buffer around
the white point and then v.to.rast for some kind of
subsequent clipping (described above*). However I have no
cue on how to get a comlex shape from neighboring points
as described. Is there a method already in place to do
this?

Many thanks in advance and any hints much appreciated,

Luigi

grass6/cygwin user
INFINITO ADSLFLAT 4 MEGA: SOLO 27,90 EURO AL MESE IVA INCLUSA IP STATICO, BANDA GARANTITA 256Kbps ANTIVIRUS E FIREWALL INCLUSI NEL PREZZO

http://adsl.infinito.it