[GRASSLIST:618] Re: gdal-grass in grass61, how to?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 22:06:29 EDT 2006

> Could anyone tell me why my grass6.1 doesnt have gdal support.
> i think i did everything correct,(maybe not)
>
> 1)
> I installed gdal (from source) --without-grass,
>
> 2)
> installed grass61 (from source) and everything worked fine with the
> exception of r.in.gdal and r.out.gdal so i installed gdal-grass-1.3.1
>
> ./configure --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config
> --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs
>
> configuration and installation of gdal-grass looked ok
> but my grass61 still dont have gdal support and i dont know why.
> my system is opensuse10

r.in.gdal should work. what was the error? did you add /usr/local/lib to
/etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig as root?

for r.out.gdal make sure that if you do "gdalinfo --formats" GRASS is
listed as a supported type.

may be better to use the GRASS plugin rather than recompile GDAL after
installing grass:

http://www.gdal.org/dl/gdal-grass-1.3.1.2.tar.gz

path name of the plugin library was significant IIRC, search the archives.

Hamish