[GRASSLIST:625] Re: gdal-grass in grass61, how to?

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 03:18:47 EDT 2006

Not an expert advise, but why not try to install the latest grass cvs
  with the shell script, and then install all the rpms from rpmfind.net etc.

  i work this way and no problems so far..
  Ravi Kumar

Maciej Tomaszczyk <mtom at pgi.gov.pl> wrote:
      Hi grassusers

Could anyone tell me why my grass6.1 doesnt have gdal support.
i think i did everything correct,(maybe not)

1)
I installed gdal (from source) --without-grass,

2)
installed grass61 (from source) and everything worked fine with the exception of r.in.gdal and r.out.gdal
so i installed gdal-grass-1.3.1

./configure --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config
--with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs

configuration and installation of gdal-grass looked ok
but my grass61 still dont have gdal support and i dont know why.
my system is opensuse10

thankful for any help
regards

Maciej Tomaszczyk