[GRASSLIST:660] off topic: backing up huge mapsets

Jaime Carrera jaicarrerahdez at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 11 11:49:50 EDT 2006

Hi all,

 I know this is off topic but probably some of you had experienced this problem as well. I have a very large mapset (19 GB) which is not compressed by using bz2 (the final tar.bz2 file was 17.2 GB). I have a backup of this mapset on an USB hard disk but I would like to create another copy in a couple of double layer DVDs (I don't want to take any chances with the data that I have). Does someone know how to create three smaller files which I can later burn on separate DVDs?

 thanks,

 Jaime

Correo Yahoo!