[GRASSLIST:666] Regarding grass installation

george jaramillo george_jar23 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Apr 11 14:19:55 EDT 2006

    Dear sir                     Hi

  I had  heard GRASS is open source GIS s/w and hence I decided to use GRASS for my project.But when I started installing GRASS on fedora core3 it was giving me lots of problem. So many times I mailed to the grasslist at Baylor.edu for the help and they helped me many times.
 But still I cant install GRASS6.0 as everytime it gives problem saying absence of some packages.
 Now I am really confused and does not know what do next.
 My project consists of plotting maps based on the given data.
 So please advice me for installing the GRASS6.0 and which packages I should download for fedora core3
 For GRASS I have referred the book OPEN SOURCE GIS
                                                              A GRASS GIS APPROACH
                                                                    BY MARKUS NETELER and
                                                                         HELENA MITASOVA
 Reply soon