[GRASSLIST:707] Re: Error w/ Curses

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Thu Apr 13 09:57:28 EDT 2006

hi,
> Dear 'GRASSers',
>
> 	I am trying to install the cvs, but I have trouble with curses. Apparently these are not available (possible? I have already
> GRASS6.0 and it works fine), however this is the output, after mumbling and checking all libraries.
>
> checking whether to use Curses... yes
> checking for curses.h... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate curses includes.

You have to
install the curses-dev package in your system so that there is the
"curses.h" file where it should be (e.g. /usr/include/curses.h)

> This has surely something to do with my "Newbieness". Can anyone point at me what I am missing, since my web-searches have been
> clueless.

Compiling GRASS from source is nothing for newbiens. curses-dev package
is the first and I'm shure not last package, you will have to install.

> Thanks,
> AB

good luck

jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
GPG-Fingerprint: 0C6D 0EAE 76BD 506C F299  ED8A C8AB 74B8 08D4 E08F
GPG: http://les-ejk.cz/gnupg_public_key/jachym_cepicky-gpg_public_key.asc
OFFICE:
GDF-Hannover
Mengendamm 16d