[GRASSLIST:781] What is the distance tolerance for v.what.vect?

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Apr 20 08:20:06 EDT 2006

I'm trying to upload the navigation timestamps of the start and end points
of a sampling transect to a series of vector points I created with
v.to.points (see attached image). As you can see, my interpolated points
from v.to.points (red crosses) only overlap on the start and end of line
points (blue circles). I can't seem to get the timestamp attributes uploaded
from the circles to the crosses, even though they clearly overlay. How exact
do the coordinates from the two vectors have to be to be considered
coincident?

The manual page makes mention of v.distance being used, but doesn't mention
the tolerances that must be satisfied for successful attribute upload.

~ Eric.