[GRASSLIST:821] NVIZ image dumps

Carl Brown cbsled at verizon.net
Sun Apr 23 08:06:22 EDT 2006

I am using GRASS 6.1.cvs, updated 2006-04-23
Kernel: Linux 2.6.15-1-amd64-k8
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Video Card: ATI Technologies Inc RV410 [Radeon X700 Pro (PCIE)]
Video driver: fglrx-driver 8.19.10-1

1) Doing "Save Image As:" (any format except max. resolution) produces an
image the size of the NVIZ image window with the top half black, and with
copies of the desired image in each of the two lower quadrants.
(See attached example)

The appearance suggests to me that this might be a 64-bit issue.
Is anyone else seeing this?

2) Save... max. resolution ppm causes NVIZ to crash with the following error:

XIO:  fatal IO error 14 (Bad address) on X server ":0.0"
      after 20394 requests (20394 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

The number "20394" varies.

--
Carl Brown
Whitefield, NH USA