[GRASSLIST:827] Re: performance problems with mouse query in displays

Jesse Hamner jhamner at emory.edu
Sun Apr 23 17:37:52 EDT 2006

On Apr 23, 2006, at 4:58 PM, Wolfgang wrote:

> when running query tasks like d.what.rast I get 100% system load.
> Is that normal?
>
> I'm running Grass under cygwin (in the cycwin-installer it is
> listed with 6.1.csv-7)

I get similar behavior running GRASS on Gentoo Linux and on older
builds for OS X, though recent (say, since February/March of this
year) builds for Mac OS X don't have that problem, provided GRASS
remains as the frontmost window. Similarly, older builds of v.digit
also claimed 100% of the processor, but again, recent builds for Mac
OS X do not.

In Gentoo, v.digit only claims about 15% of the processor, but X is
claiming 85%.

Jesse