[GRASSLIST:831] Re: performance problems with mouse query in displays

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Apr 24 01:27:05 EDT 2006

If you use the new GUI GIS Manager (you still have to type gis.m& to start
it, but that will change soon), you should no longer have this problem for
queries, zoom, pan, or measure. These are all done in TclTk and so don't eat
up your CPU cycles. V.digit and i.points still run in xwindows displays and
will have this problem. I hope to be able to create a TclTk version of
i.points at least pretty soon (this summer?).

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213