[GRASSLIST:841] Re: v.clean and rmarea parameter

Otto Dassau dassau at gdf-hannover.de
Mon Apr 24 04:56:20 EDT 2006

Am Samstag, 22. April 2006 09:41 schrieb Hamish:
> > > I want to remove small areas with v.clean, but there is a problem and
> > > I don't know how to solve it.
> > >
> > > In simple terms I would need a sql parameter in v.clean to determine
> > > with which adjacent areas (values, ids,...) the boundary should be
> > > removed. Since this is not included in v.clean, does anybody has a
> > > workaround for this?
> > >
> > > To better understand the problem I have an illustration here:
> > >
> > > http://www.gdf-hannover.de/dassau/muell/vclean_rmarea.png
> >
> > How about v.extract -d. There are nice examples in the manual.
>
> You also might a "v.to.db option=sides" step first, then v.extract.

thanks for your help, but in my case I would need to include an "area size"
query in v.extract -d, too.

v.extract -d layer=-1 input=tes output=test2 new=-1 type=area,boundary
where="(AREA >= 625) and (LEFT = -1) or (RIGHT = -1)"

Since layer2 with RIGHT and LEFT is boundary and layer1 with AREA column is a
plygone layer. I can only select on boundaries (right/left) or polygones
(area size), since parameter 'layer' must be > 0 for 'where'..

thanks
  Otto