[GRASSLIST:845] Re: Live Earthquake Map: GRASS/PHP

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Apr 24 08:02:04 EDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 08:44:21AM -0300, pmarc wrote:
> > > I only suggest to generate maps from crontab every 5 min or so and not
> > > on-fly. It would make it work faster and lower load on server.
> > > (Imagine posting link on /. ;)
>
> I would second Maris' suggestion...
> I was tempted to post in to /. =D
>
> Other than that, great work.

Did you try in the last 12 hours? I changes a bit (and
observe a nice USGS map bug with only negative Longitudes...)

I think that 2-3 seconds are acceptable - or how long does
it take for you? My intention was to show real-time processing,
not a batched one. Again, with the new server I try to reach
the millisecond range :-)

Markus