[GRASSLIST:908] Segmentation faults with r.cost

Colin Nielsen colin.nielsen at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Apr 26 14:41:31 EDT 2006

I have gotten the same error using grass 6.0 and 6.1-cvs (just got off
of cygwin setup half an hour ago). I'm running grass on winxp 64-bit.

> r.cost -vk input=hydro_45 output=S1_oceancost1 start_rast=S1_hydronulls1 percent_memory=100
Null cells excluded from cost evaluation.
Source map is: Integer cell type
14342 rows, 14501 cols.
Creating some temporary files ...
./r.cost.tester: line 1:  2568 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
r.cost -vk input=hydro_45 output=S1_oceancost1
start_rast=S1_hydronulls1 percent_memory=100

I have tried this command with less memory, all the way down to 1% but
it still crashes. The only thing that changes is that it crashes later
in the process.

Can anyone help? If the version on cygwin is not the most recent can
someone tell me how to get the most recent?

-C