[GRASSLIST:927] Re: Segmentation faults with r.cost

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Apr 27 08:42:57 EDT 2006

Colin Nielsen wrote:

>I have gotten the same error using grass 6.0 and 6.1-cvs (just got off
>of cygwin setup half an hour ago). I'm running grass on winxp 64-bit.
>

>>r.cost -vk input=hydro_45 output=S1_oceancost1 start_rast=S1_hydronulls1 percent_memory=100
>>

>Null cells excluded from cost evaluation.
>Source map is: Integer cell type
>14342 rows, 14501 cols.
>Creating some temporary files ...
>./r.cost.tester: line 1:  2568 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
>r.cost -vk input=hydro_45 output=S1_oceancost1
>start_rast=S1_hydronulls1 percent_memory=100
>
>I have tried this command with less memory, all the way down to 1% but
>it still crashes. The only thing that changes is that it crashes later
>in the process.
>
>Can anyone help? If the version on cygwin is not the most recent can
>someone tell me how to get the most recent?

I have tried your command slightly modified in Spearfish on Linux, no
problems.
Here are the latest changes:
 http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/raster/r.cost/?sortby=date#dirlist

Probably the Cygwin binaries are older (the web site where you got them
should
indicate the date).

Maybe give the new (experimental) winGRASS a try?

Markus