[GRASS-user] r.in.gdal and .ecw files

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Tue Aug 1 10:10:02 EDT 2006

Hi William,

Do you get your gdal crash with  ecw 3.3 rc2, or ecw 3.1 rc2? I ask
because I see in the 3.3 release notes:

Version Features

Numerous bug fixes, including:

functional ECWP on platforms other than Windows
a fix to lossless JPEG 2000 compression
change to headers to allow overloading new and delete on Windows
correct calculation of compression throughput
large file support issues fixed
fix to UNICODE support making it orthogonal to the use of UNICODE
#define in client code
fixes to the platform-dependent code for MacOS X
Release Date: Tuesday, February 07, 2006

>>> (http://www.ermapper.com/downloads/sdks.aspx#16)